American Estates: J. T. Cooke Sandblasted Calabash
Product Number: 004-009-5243
The Calabash, with its sinuous, gestural nature, is something of an inherently whimsical shape, often coaxing a lot of playfulness out of pipemakers. Even so, this J.T. Cooke still stands out as one of the most curious renditions I've seen, with its pedestal lower bowl, and spouting trumpet of ring grain up top. Cooke's particularly known for his highly-involved sandblasting process, or more to the point, the results it gets, and this piece has most certainly benefited on that account.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
Condition: 4.8/5 Rim darkening.
- Length: 5.73 in./145.54 mm.
- Weight: 2.10 oz./59.53 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.35 in./59.69 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 2.18 in./55.37 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.88 in./22.35 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.75 in./44.45 mm.
- Stem Material: Acrylic
- Filter: None
- Shape: Calabash
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: United States