German Estates: Rainer Barbi Smooth Bent Rhodesian (CA) (1991) (Unsmoked)
Product Number: 004-005-3361
Though we've seen quite a few Rainer Barbi pipes in our time, this is the first example of a Rhodesian created by the late German master's hand that I could turn up in our archives. Indeed, a quick Google search only found a single other example, and while that briar's bowl was quite different, it followed in the same easy, lyrical flow of transition, shank, and stem that we see here.
- Eric N. Squires
Measurements & Other Details
r. barbi (in script)
Condition: 4.95/5 Unsmoked, but has some surface scratches.
- Length: 5.68 in./144.27 mm.
- Weight: 1.40 oz./39.69 g.
- Bowl Height: 1.36 in./34.54 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.01 in./25.65 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.80 in./20.32 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.85 in./46.99 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Rhodesian
- Finish: Smooth
- Material: Briar
- Country: Germany