Tsuge: Tokyo Sandblasted Cherrywood with Bamboo (553)
Product Number: 002-099-7690
With a transition that sprouts from the bowl at a right angle, Tsuge's "553" is not your classic Cherrywood shape. What maintains the shape (at least in name) is the heavy cant of the base of the bowl, which juts the shank-and-stem into the air at 45 degree angle. It's a striking piece, made all the more so with a single knuckle of pale bamboo and a subtle sandblast that shows off some lovely grain.- Ted Swearingen
The pipe you see is the pipe you receive. Click here to see our photography process.
Measurements & Other Details
- Length: 5.89 in./149.51 mm.
- Weight: 1.21 oz./34.34 g.
- Bowl Height: 2.30 in./58.42 mm.
- Chamber Depth: 1.82 in./46.21 mm.
- Chamber Diameter: 0.78 in./19.93 mm.
- Outside Diameter: 1.47 in./37.23 mm.
- Stem Material: Vulcanite
- Filter: None
- Shape: Poker
- Finish: Sandblast
- Material: Briar
- Country: Japan