This has a flare of chocolate taste which is more on par with milk chocolate to me. It is a rather weak and droll, cool smoke. Meaning hardly any flavor at all. If you want the real deal, just get some Chocolate Truffle and add Black Vanilla to it! O... Read Morer Captain Black, Black is even more exquisite!! Read Less
I was not impressed with the taste. I enjoy smoking pipe tobacco based on the taste and flavor. The rest means nothing. I would not call this an enjoyable smoke. I ordered
4 0z. and I hope it gets better. I hate throwing tobacco away especially at th... Read Moree price of C&D. Over priced and under flavored in my book. No reorders from me on this blend. Read Less
This tobacco was a pleasant surprise for me. As far as matching up to what you expect, it delivers. It smells like chocolate in the bag, it burns well however I did have to let the bag sit open for 48 hours to get it to dry up. It came with so much ... Read Moremoisture that there was literally water evaporating in the bag. After it dried it smoked great. It will never bite you tongue and smells of chocolate in the air and tastes of chocolate. It does what it says it will do. Read Less
A great smooth black cavendish with a wonderful rich chocolate tin note. It comes quite wet, but it dries out just fine. I was very pleasantly surprised to discover the room note and the taste to be equally heavy with chocolate! I could see this gett... Read Moreing even better with some burley thrown in for good measure! Read Less
I'm still searching for a tobacco that compares favorably to C & D Mocha and this one comes pretty close. If you haven't tried the Mocha you are missing something. It's the first thing I smoke in the morning with my coffee. It made an impression... Read More on my boss after I offered him some . . . now we have it in our rotations. But back to Dark Chocolate- it actually tastes like dark chocolate and is a contender for the morning smoke. I enjoyed it. The only it doesn't have that Mocha does is that creamy flavor which sends me over the top. Still, it's a good tobacco with rich flavor, good burning qualities, just the right amount of moisture and a kick-in-the-pants flavor. Read Less
I bought 9 different tobaccos on Smokingpipes.com, and I smoked one of them one day at a time. I like a mild tobacco with some flavor, maybe Virginia or burley processed as Black Cavendish, but no latakia or perique. I bought the following, listed in... Read More order of my preference with the most preferred first. Of course these are just my opinions after smoking pipes for 30 years; yours may be entirely different.
1. Mac Baren Seven Seas Black --- No bite, good flavor while and after smoking, good room aroma.
2. Macbaren HH Old Dark Fire Ready Rubbed --- No bite, good flavor while and after smoking, good room aroma. Takes a little handling to prep for smoking.
3. Sutliff (Altadis) B37 Casanova --- No bite, good generic flavor while and after smoking, good steady burn, and good room aroma.
4. Lane Limited BC-A --- Good but not quite as flavorful as the Mac Barens or Sutliff Casanova nor as good a room aroma. There is no bite and a mild aftertaste. It is a little more difficult to keep lit.
5. Sutliff (Altadis) Classic Chocolate --- Nice aroma and a little more flavor than Sutliff coffee tobbaco. Burns fine and little bite. Lingering vague aftertaste.
6. Gawaith Hoggarth & Co. Kendal Dark --- The small ribbon burns well and does not bite, but it has little flavor, aftertaste or aroma.
7. Newminister No. 201 Straight Black --- Mild aroma. Little flavor or bite. Burns fine.
8. Sutliff (Altadis) 203 Coffee --- No taste or aroma of coffee. Ashy flavor. Not good to my taste buds or tongue; some bite. It burned fine.
9. Cornell & Diehl Dark Chocolate --- No taste or aroma of chocolate. Ashy flavor. Not good to my taste buds or tongue; some bite. It burned fine. Read Less
Hours of Operation: Our website is always open and you can place an order at any time.
Phone/office hours are 9am-7pm US/Eastern (GMT -5:00) Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm on Saturdays, and 12pm-4pm on Sundays.
We reserve the right to verify delivery to cardholder via UPS. You must be 21 years or older to make any selections on this site - by doing so, you are confirming that you are of legal age to purchase tobacco products or smoking accessories. We will deny any order we believe has been placed by a minor.
WARNING: Smokingpipes.com does not sell tobacco or tobacco related products to anyone under the age of 21, nor do we sell cigarettes.